Before leaving for North Cyprus, please go through the following checklist:
- Book your air ticket as soon as possible; it will save you money. It is best to fly to Lefkoşa Ercan Airport via Istanbul. Check Turkish Airlines (www.thy.com) and Pegasus Airlines (www.flypgs.com)for your options.
- Make sure you have completed all visa formalities in your home country.
- Keep all formal documentation (Acceptance letters, original diplomas, certificates and transcripts, etc. in your hand luggage and with you at all times).
- Have the University phone number and e-mail addresses with you in case you need to contact us.
- Take a photograph of your luggage – just in case!
- Bring cash in USD, Euros, or UK sterling, sufficient for your first month in North Cyprus, to keep you going until you have opened your bank account.
- Electricity in North Cyprus is 240V and we use 3 pin British style plugs.
- Contact our International Office at least 48 hours before arrival to arrange your airport pick-up and transfer.